- 1 Top 6 Guitar Multi Effects Pedals Reviewed
- 2 Zoom G3X – Guitar Effects and Amplifier Simulator
- 3 Zoom G1Xon Guitar Effects Pedal
- 4 Line 6 POD HD500X Guitar Floor Multi-Effects Pedal
- 5 Boss ME-80 Multi-Effects Pedal
- 6 Digitech RP360XP Electric Guitar Multi Effect Pedal
- 7 Boss ME25 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal
- 8 Benefits of Using a Guitar Multi Effects Pedal
- 9 Choosing the Best Guitar Multi Effects Pedal and Processor
- 10 Conclusion
If you want to save money, space and time when setting up your set, you should consider choosing the best guitar multi effects pedal. These devices allow you to seamlessly change the sound of your instrument, add rhythm and even loop your own recordings so that you can create the sound that you want.
This guide will take a look at some of the best and most affordable pedals out there for that you can choose the best multi effects pedal under 200 dollars for your needs. Whether you want a really advanced multi-effect pedal or something simple that won’t take a lot of getting used to, you’re bound to find some good ideas here about the different models that you can purchase in these guitar multi effects pedal reviews. We have also included some information at the end of this buying guide to help you to choose the best guitar multi-effects pedal for your needs. You can also find out why multi-effect pedals and choosing the best multi effects processor are so advantageous in comparison to other pedals.
- Zoom G1Xon
- Effects: 80
- 30-second phrase looper
- Use up to 5 effects and models simultaneously
- Line 6 POD HD500X
- Effects: 100+
- 48-second phrase looper
- Use up to 8 effects and models simultaneously
- Zoom G3X
- Effects: 94
- 40-second phrase looper
- Use up to 6 effects and models simultaneously
- Boss ME-80
- Effects: 59
- 38-second phrase looper
- Use up to 8 effects and models simultaneously
- Digitech RP360XP
- Effects: 160
- 40-second phrase looper
- Use 1 effect or model simultaneously
- Boss ME25
- Effects: 60
- 38-second phrase looper
- Use 1 effect or model simultaneously
Top 6 Guitar Multi Effects Pedals Reviewed
Zoom G3X – Guitar Effects and Amplifier Simulator
With plenty of great sounding guitar effects, the Zoom G3X multi-effect pedal can offer you some great and versatile sounds. 116 guitar and amplifier effects are pre-loaded with an expression pedal for hands free use. Three displays each have their own switch and there is a tap tempo to allow you to synchronize your music with the loop effects. There is also an onboard tuner, pre-programed percussion patterns and the 40-second looping functions.
The 94 guitar effects allow you to choose from distortion, compression, phasing, flanging, delay, reverb and chorus. You can also choose from the 22 amp and cabinet options too. From this wide selection of sounds, you can choose up to 6 different effects to use at the same time.
The expression pedal that is integrated with this multi-effect looping pedal allows you to alter the volume, bend the pitch and modulate the expressions.
The chromatic tuner that comes integrated with this pedal can support all types of tuning. It is easy to use and is available at all times. It comes with the option of muting the signal so that you can tune silently or you can simply bypass the effect to tune your instrument.
A loop function is included with this pedal. This is a simple loop function that offers you up to 40 seconds of recording time. You will be able to record layers of solo tracks over one another however so that you can create the sound that you want whilst you are performing. This looping function can be used with other features on the pedal including rhythm accompaniments so that you have a rhythm to play along to. This gives you the ability to have some percussion to play along with if you are using the looping pedal for a solo performance and it is possibly the best multi effects pedal under 200 dollars.
Zoom G1Xon Guitar Effects Pedal
You can take full control with the Zoom G1Xon Guitar Effects Pedal so that you can create the perfect sounds for your performance.
This pedal produces more sounds than you’ll have ever heard from any other single pedal. Whereas in the past, you’d have had to use more than one pedal to create the sound you need, you can save money and space by choosing this single multi-effect pedal. There are 80 different types of effects that take up 100 memory slots. This gives you effects including distortion, overdrive, compression and tremolo. You can also use expression pedal effects and choose from different amplifier sounds. You can even choose the acoustic guitar effect if you want to tone down your sound a little.
This guitar pedal offers you chaining, which is an advanced effects feature. This allows you to choose up to 5 different effects and use them together. Chaining refers to the order of the instruments in the sequence and you can change the order of the chaining if you wish. This lets you create more complex effects when you are using the pedal and means that you don’t need to use separate pedals to create the same effect.
A chromatic tuner is included as part of this pedal. This allows you to see at a glance whether your instrument is playing notes that are sharp, flat or perfect. You can easily tune your instrument perfectly using the chromatic tuner and there are a couple of ways that you can choose to perform the tuning too.
Every musician relies on percussion in some form or another, which is why you have an extensive range of drum samples pre-programmed on this pedal. You can choose from 68 different rhythms using this pedal including rock, blues and jazz patterns amongst various others.
Line 6 POD HD500X Guitar Floor Multi-Effects Pedal
When you want to create your own sound with your musical hardware, the Line 6 POD HD500X Guitar Floor Multi-Effects Pedal is a winning choice. You will be able to choose from numerous amp sounds and special effects so that you can sound like the most classical music possible or you can have the chance to create a brand new and unique sound too.
When you use this multi-effect loop pedal, you’ll be able to choose from vintage amps or modern style powerhouse amp sounds. All of the sounds are offered in high definition and give great depth. This gives your music character and enhances your performances. You can also create a completely customized experience by changing the tone and response of each amp sound as well as altering the hum, bias and other aspects of the sound.
This pedal offers you over 100 stomp effects to choose from. This allows you to make your instrument sound exactly as you want it to. You can create chains of sounds along with effects such as filters, reverbs, delays and distortion. You can create your own special effects by mixing up to 8 of the effects at the same time.
The improved processing power that this pedal has to offer means that you can enjoy the best quality effects. The processing speed allows you to stack sounds so that no break is experienced in the sound. It also allows you to match different amp sounds, cabinets and effects with flawless clarity. In addition, there are 512 presets so that you can easily choose your favorite sounds.
Improved signal paths allow you to have access to the most complex guitar sounds. There are many guitar sounds that you can recreate with this pedal. You can use a guitar, auxiliary or microphone to input sound to the pedal. This is made possible with the use of a quarter inch input socket.
Boss ME-80 Multi-Effects Pedal
The Boss ME-80 Multi-Effects Pedal is a compact floor pedal that can offer you some powerful multi-effects that can be controlled using some easy to use knobs. It doesn’t matter what your preferred musical genre is – you’ll be able to make full use of the tone processing that comes with the multi-effect pedal. This is a gig-ready piece of equipment that will allow you to change the pitch, overdrive, distortion and mod effects amongst other effects. There are 8 different categories of effects for you to choose from and each of these categories have multiple effects that you can select. Choose from all kinds of effects from Boss stomps to MDP effects, all in high quality. You can use additional stomp boxes to allow you to change the tones of the effects too. You can use 8 different effects at the same time if you wish. You will be able to alter the sound of each effect using the control knobs. This simple operation means that you’ll be able to set up the effects quickly so that you can start to perform as soon as possible.
This multi-effects pedal comes with an expression pedal, along with 8 multifunction foot switches.
You can plug the ME-80 into your computer using the USB port that is integrated into the body of the pedal. You will be able to transfer the loops from the pedal in MIDI format. In addition, the USB connection also allows you to add any downloaded new effects that you would like to use. This can be done easily using the Boss Tone Studio software that is available for this pedal.
Although this Boss multi-effect pedal does not come with an AC adapter, it can run on batteries alone. Alternatively, you’ll not need to worry about replacing the battery if you do remember to purchase the accompanying AC adapter when you purchase this pedal.
Digitech RP360XP Electric Guitar Multi Effect Pedal
The Digitech RP360XP Electric Guitar Multi Effect pedal provides you with plenty of great effects and sounds to help you to get the most out of your performances.
There are over 160 different amp and cabinet sounds and effects that come with this pedal. 54 amp types allow you to recreate the sounds of various amplifiers so you don’t need to worry about which kind of amplifier you get, and you can also choose from 26 cabinet types too. In addition, you can choose from the 82 effects that come with this multi-effect pedal.
198 presets are loaded on this pedal. You can create or download 99 of these into the available memory slots, whilst 99 are factory default presets. The pedal also includes a 40 second looper so that you can build sounds and improve your solo performances. 60 great sounding percussion patterns are also available for you to choose from.
The pedal features a high quality chassis that is made from metal and is durable. The footswitches are also built from high quality material so that you can be sure that they’ll last for a long time. USB ports allow you to download and upload effects from the pedal and it comes with a chromatic tuner too so that you can ensure that your instrument is always in tune. You can connect a 3-button footswitch if you wish to provide better control of the configuration of the pedal.
You don’t need to worry about purchasing a power supply for this pedal as it comes with one.
The USB port allows you to edit your multi-effect pedal setup by using the Digitech Nexus suite. When you want to connect your footswitch up to an amp, you can do so with ease, thanks to the quarter inch stereo output connection. There is also a headphone connector in case you want to listen in private as you practice.
Boss ME25 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal
When you choose the ME-25 Multi Effects pedal from Boss, you’ll be able to get all the features and effects to make your music sound professional. It’s easy to use and comes with an extensive library of special effects that include both modern and classic effects. Included on the pedal are several controls including drive, tone and volume controls so that you can completely customize your sound effects. This is the ultimate effects pedal for guitarists who are looking for an effects pedal that is easy to use and that comes with plenty of options.
To make this effects pedal as easy as possible to use, it is designed in black and white so that you can see all the controls as easily as possible. Even when you’re on the stage, you’ll be able to see the pedals and the controls with ease. An LED panel is included, along with 9 backlit buttons so that you can see what you’re doing and operate the controls.
Although this looping effects pedal may seem to be priced too reasonably to be as advanced as you may hope for, you’ll be pleasantly surprised. When you choose this pedal, you’ll get plenty of great sounding amp sounds so that you can recreate a variety of sounds from classic to more modern effects. If you play metal music, you’ll be able to take advantage of the Ultra Metal effect. This gives maximum distortion so that you can enjoy that hi-gain screaming distortion that you need for the genre.
If you want a personal recording studio, you can take advantage of the USB connectivity. This allows you to plug the pedal into your computer so that you can download more effects to your pedal if you need to. It works with a number of software applications so that you can fully customize your user experience.
Benefits of Using a Guitar Multi Effects Pedal
There are many great reasons why you should use a guitar multi effects pedal. Let’s take a look at some of them.
- Cost – because you only need to pay for a multi-effects pedal, there’s no need to buy any other hardware for special effects. Before the days of the multi-effects pedals, musicians would have to purchase several different stomp pedals so that they could have the sound they wanted. With a multi-effects pedal, you can save hundreds of dollars by only needing to purchase the one pedal.
- Lower power consumption – if you have just one pedal for all of your effects, you have the extra advantage of only needing to plug in one device rather than several at the same time. This can save you money in the cost of power adapters, as some stomp box adapters can cost around $20 or more to purchase.
- More effects, more space – of course, you get more effects when you choose a multi-effect pedal so you will never tire of the sound from your guitar. You can even often add more effects using your computer. More effects in just one pedal also means that you don’t need to take up space with loads of different pedals when just one will do.
Choosing the Best Guitar Multi Effects Pedal and Processor
Multi-effects pedals are available in an abundance of models and designs and it can be easy to get lost in the various choices that you do have when it comes to these devices. With so many different effects on offer, you may forget to consider the other features that you may need when you choose your pedal. There are a number of different points to consider in order to come up with the best loop pedal for your needs so check out this list of considerations to find out which pedal will be the best choice for you.
- Durability – Whatever stomp box or effects pedal you choose, whether it is a multi-effects pedal or something simpler, one of the most important things to you should be the build quality. Choosing a multi-effects pedal that is likely to become worn after a couple of months of gigs will be a bad investment. You should look out for the ones that are made with a rugged metal chassis, as this will withstand the wear that comes from heavy gigging. If you will only be using your multi-effects pedal for practicing and enjoyment however, it is not likely that it will be subjected to the same wear as if you were gigging. If you’re only planning on using the pedal for your own enjoyment, you may be able to save some money and choose a slightly less sturdy pedal.
- Layout – Multi-effects pedals are designed to provide multiple sounds at the same time. With so many different user-customizable features, the last thing that you want to happen is to end up getting lost on stage amongst a foray of pedals, control knobs and switches. Make sure that you choose a multi-effects pedal that is easy enough to use and one that allows you to alter the settings with the minimal amount of fuss. The more footswitches the better, as you’ll be able to control the pedal hands-free. Try to stay away from the kinds of pedals that look like something from the Starship Enterprise. You’ll only end up confused and if you are performing under poor lighting conditions, you may even struggle to operate the controller properly. Remember that if you are only using the multi-effects pedal at home, you won’t need quite as many options and controls, and so you could choose a more basic model.
- USB Ports – Choosing a multi-effects pedal with a USB port is an absolute must if you want to play with new sounds and upload them to your device. Most pedals that have a USB port will come with some sort of software for your computer to enable you to easily download and upload effects for your pedal.
- Looping – Looping sounds involves being able to record phrases from your instrument and then having a function that allows you to play back the phrases and even record over them to layer sounds. If you get a multi-effects pedal that also features a loop pedal, you’ll notice that it may seem pricey, but when you consider the fact that you only have to purchase one pedal to perform looping and effects, it is actually a great investment.
Guitar multi effects pedals are a great choice for any performing musician. When you want to really let your creativity go wild, you can have a pedal that can create all the effects that you could possibly want without needing to worry about taking any more hardware with you. From reverb to amp sounds to looping, you’ll have everything that you need to create the sounds that you need.
Just as these multi effects pedal reviews show, you will be able to find various different pedals out there to suit any budget, so make sure that you’re buying the one that will benefit you the most. Our helpful buying guide also gives you some great ideas about what to look out for when you are looking for the perfect multi-effects pedal. Why buy 4 effects pedals when you can just buy one great multi-effects pedal!